Sunday 29 May 2016

What is a shadow?

With our light projector we have been exploring some properties of light and shadow and transparency. 

Working together to trace different objects shadows on the light projector


Interesting use of a mirror, reflecting light to different places in our room! 


Where does this light come from? Listening to the fan inside.

What's up here?

Will my lunch kit make a shadow?

Putting the projector into a small space. 



Emergent writing in action!

Class exploration to see if we can make shadow monsters like in the story: The Dark, Dark Night 
 





Discussion about who gets to write where.

Hmm. This yellow transparency is making the whole projection yellow! 


I got it! I got my shadow! 

Tracing



"That's me" ^

Mirrors, toy cars, guitars and toy irons, the children have brought a lot of different objects to explore at the light projector area.


No comments:

Post a Comment